19 November 2014

It only FEELS like a lifetime... :)

Oh, this is going to sound so ungrateful. So ungrateful. But it really isn't. 

I don't know who nominated me for the @Comms2Point0 Lifetime Achievement unaward (though I have my suspicions) but I genuinely thank whomever it was. It's massively flattering that anyone might consider me worth nominating.

And it's such a massive honour, especially to be alongside Fran and David. But I don't deserve it. Honestly. I have been in Comms, albeit with two astonishingly bloody marvellous teams for less than four years now. I came in from customer services, with a background in the voluntary sector, and I love Comms to death. Utterly love it. Love it. And I hope I occasionally make a contribution, with my team, my council and with people who work in the same sort of stuff. I hope I sometimes have a daft enough opinion that I provoke. But it's four years, and I don't honestly feel like I have achieved enough to justify an award nomination with the word 'achievement' in the title.

I'd be ecstatic to win the award for Blog Post of the Year. I loved the reaction to the nominated post. 

But I'm actually proper ember arsed to be nominated against actual brilliant Comms people like Fran Collingham and David Holdstock. I know who I nominated for the same category, and I know I'm not fit to be on the list when they ain't. 

So I am grateful. Really grateful. Don't think I won't put it on my CV because I damned well will. I'm just unconvinced :)

So here's an UNcampaign to match the unawards.

Don't vote for me. When the rationales for nominations are published, have a look and choose which of the other two deserves your support and vote for them.

But please do please vote for my blog post please (if you like it).




No comments: