1 August 2009

... then just poo-poo the whole thing...

For some years I have had a game I play with the kids in our family. It started with Steppy II, moved to the niece and I'm now trying it on niece II. It involves me making up sentences in a false language which sounds vaguely Eastern European, and most importantly - in the middle of long, rambling outbursts - it always contains the words "poo-poo finger". To the extent that the language has become known as 'poo-poo finger'.

Because kids think that's hilarious. Poo-poo finger.

This afternoon, we went to a wedding reception, and plonked ourselves (in both the sense of 'sat down' and 'drank wine') outside in the gazebos whilst it rained and rained and rained...

Anyway; in the midst of the deluge I decided to try to entertain niece II with an burst of poo-poo finger. Actually, it was unsuccessful, as she is too young to 'get' it - having not yet developed any language of her own.

As I left, the Best Man stopped me. "Did I hear you speaking Polish?", he asked, threateningly ...

No comments: